• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

CV for Paralegal Positions

KBanana

Premium Member
Mar 10, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I have completed both my LLM and LLB and am wondering whether I need to list out individual modules in my CV or just the final results (eg 2.1)?

Also, should I follow the Google XYZ resume format for my bullet points (i.e. in one sentence, what I’ve accomplished (X) + the qualitative results (Y) + the skills or experience I utilised to achieve the outcome (Z))?

Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
For paralegal roles you don't necessarily need to list out all of your module results, but it might be worthwhile highlighting modules that either you had done very well in or those that align with the type of work you would be doing in the paralegal role.

Work experience descriptions should focus on key responsibilities and any outcomes/success/results. You don't necessarily need to highlight skills as sometimes these are obvious when describing the responsibilities and outcomes. Where they are not obvious, then they can be highlighted.

Reactions: KBanana

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.