communication with firm

Josh92

Jul 17, 2024
Hi, I received a training contract offer last year and I’m supposed to start my studies this September. I haven’t had any contact from the firm this year and this is making me really anxious. I sent an email to them weeks ago and asking them for an update as to where will I be studying. I did not receive a response and I asked someone who also got a TC at this firm and they told me that they got an email. I sent another email this week and I still haven’t received a response. I feel worried and nervous as I don’t know why I am not getting a response. Every day I can’t concentrate at work because everything just feels uncertain. I don’t want to chase too much because I might seem annoying and I want to have a good relationship with the early careers team. I keep thinking about this from the movement I wake up to the moment I go to sleep. I haven’t spoken to anyone about this yet because it’s not in their control. I just wanted to know when do trainees receive a confirmation about when their course is likely to start? (I also have signed the training contract offer letter) Should I be worried if I haven’t received any communication from the firm yet?

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Call them.

You can explain you have spoken to other people in your intake who have received communication and so you are concerned that things are not being sent to you.

Sometimes future trainees don’t update their contact details, especially if their application used their university email address, and so it can be common that the firm have put of date contact details for you.

Reactions: AlexJ

Josh92

Jul 17, 2024
Hi Jessica, thank you for your response. I tried calling them but sadly no one is picking up my calls. Although, someone in my intake told me that they received an email from the firm, they are not responding to me anymore so I'm not sure how true it is that they have already been contacted by the firm already. I am just anxious because I really want to have the confirmation and start preparing for my TC. I have already sent several emails and I feel embarrassed to keep chasing. How long in advance does the graduate team contact its trainees? Maybe it's too soon?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Call the switchboard number and explain you have tried to contact the firm in several ways via email and telephone but you are not receiving an answer and you just want to ensure you are not missing any comms. Switchboard will then typically put you through to someone.

Reactions: Josh92

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.