• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

Bad grade in one first year module

Happy Law Student

Jul 20, 2024
Hello,

I have recently received my first year grades and I’m concerned about applying to vac schemes next year. I got a low 2:2 in Criminal Law, which has dragged my overall grade down to 63%.

I got one 1:1 and two 2:1s in my other modules, but will having a low 2:1 overall and a 2:2 in Criminal Law be an issue when applying to vac schemes at top firms next year?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
For most firms, this will not be an issue.

Some firms that really emphasise the need for strong and consistent grades may be more difficult to aim for, but they are a small minority of the firms out there.

Reactions: Happy Law Student

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.