• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

Anyone else drowning?

Jaxkw

Star Member
Early Bird
Mar 15, 2018
Literally. I thought that LPC was gonna really easy but its been nothing like that. I thought in the days off I'd get to relax but we get so much class work prep. I've started to just focus on what I need to know now though.

Sandrou

Esteemed Member
Feb 28, 2018
Yes, I agree with the latter. I figured in the first few month that there's no point in trying to know and remember everything on the LPC. So I literally do the workshops and prep tasks in my own time. I've just completed my core exams this week which is a relief. The countdown until July begins.

P.s I regret opting to do the MSc in business management. I'm currently in the process of writing my case report (consists of pure maths).

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
I agree with everything said above! But just to add something I’m tired of completing exams every single month, I do not know how accelerated/fast track students do it....

I am currently at BPP!

Nicole

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Feb 28, 2018
Omg yes! Lol, Its literally just a blur. I've never done a case report before, especially a financial one.
I thought the MSc would be Essay based which I'm good at but damn was I wrong !

Hehe I hated that. One piece of advice, please don't do what I did and leave the FMT's next term to the last minute. I ended up having to do an all-nighter to finish it and was so stressed out!

Nicole

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Feb 28, 2018
Okay I am going to stop complaining about solicitors accounts right now hahahaha, good luck!

Ooh speaking of solicitors accounts, one of the guys in my class sent round an exam guide made by one of the LPC teachers. It's a big cheesy but there's some pretty good advice in there!

Attachments

• Free-guide-to-law-exams-download-1-2016.pdf
    495.8 KB · Views: 98

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.