• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

A&O Shearman - Winter Vacation Scheme

Added to Calendar: 16-09-24

Shahana

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2023
An opportunity to undertake a vacation scheme at the firm, commencing in 2024.

Scheme dates: 2nd Dec '24 - 6th Dec '24

Apply here by 16th September February 2024.

Reactions: Sharon Wu

MaxC7930

Premium Member
Aug 6, 2024
Have I messed up or have Allan & Overy Shearman not included any questions like 'why do you want to apply to our firm?' or 'describe a commercial issue'. Seems to me they have only included a work experience section but I could be wrong...

Stef

Standard Member
Jul 26, 2024
Have I messed up or have Allan & Overy Shearman not included any questions like 'why do you want to apply to our firm?' or 'describe a commercial issue'. Seems to me they have only included a work experience section but I could be wrong...
You submit the application then you are sent the link for the SJT and answer those questions on a 2min video

floral.tcla

Standard Member
Aug 15, 2024
hi! I noticed that the work experience section has 4000 characters per experience - what should you include? should we use the maximum word count because that sounds like a lot for the grad recruitment team to read

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
hi! I noticed that the work experience section has 4000 characters per experience - what should you include? should we use the maximum word count because that sounds like a lot for the grad recruitment team to read
no need to use the maximum word/character count. Utilise what you think is appropriate for the role (eg how long it was, how varied/complex your responsibilities were). Some entries may use the full limit, while others may use less than half of it.

Reactions: floral.tcla

laurenn42

Standard Member
Premium Member
Oct 7, 2022
In the section where I input my module grades for my undergrad studies it only gives the option to add 20 results but I completed 24 modules. What should I do?

Last edited:

leslee

Sep 10, 2023
Probs dumb question but since my app to A&O First last year was submitted the day of the deadline yet I was still given days to complete the test, does the same thing apply to the VS or does the video interview and test all have to be done before the deadline?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.