• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

1.5 pages CV?

PlimptonWeld

Star Member
Jul 13, 2022
Currently, my CV in PDF form is around 1.5 pages with half a page blank at the end. Is it necessary to fill it out to the very end (2 pages) or is it better to have 1.5 pages of good relevant material?

Apologies for this basic question but I've heard varying advice, so would appreciate your thoughts!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I think it’s fine if it is one and a half pages. If it is just over one page, I recommend focusing of formatting and condensing it down to one page, but if there is a good half a page of content that is never going to be condensed down to 1 page, then one and a half pages is fine. I’d prefer this rather than the CV being unnecessarily bulked out

Reactions: PlimptonWeld

PlimptonWeld

Star Member
Jul 13, 2022
I think it’s fine if it is one and a half pages. If it is just over one page, I recommend focusing of formatting and condensing it down to one page, but if there is a good half a page of content that is never going to be condensed down to 1 page, then one and a half pages is fine. I’d prefer this rather than the CV being unnecessarily bulked out
Once again, my gratitude for your wisdom, Jessica! Many thanks as always.

Reactions: Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.