• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

Search results

  1. Manifesting

    2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

    Goodwin PFO on a Saturday morning... Given that Cooley rejected me as well, my technology-focused US law firm dreams seem crushed unless Orrick or MoFo miraculously take interest in me.
  2. Manifesting

    Commercial Awareness Discussion Thread

    I would say that for companies seeking to go public via a SPAC merger, this process also offers certainty about price and about the deal going through. Whereas with an IPO, investment bankers can only offer you a range for value of your shares and things can go all sorts of ways depending on...
  3. Manifesting

    2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

    White & Case summer VS rejection! Got to VI stage/ open day invite offer stage previously with a weaker app.
  4. Manifesting

    2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

    Did everyone else who received an invite also get their emails at the same time? I’m still waiting but I have kind of lost hope.
  5. Manifesting

    2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

    Freshfields AC!!!!!!!! This is my first interview this cycle and so my voice is already gone from all my screaming!!!! For context, I applied on the deadline, had my first portal update a month after and WG invite a few days later. The test was my Valentine. And heard back a few hours ago!
  6. Manifesting

    Cooley VS 2020/2021

    In a previous thread (https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/cooley.2018/), I saw mentioned that, at least in 2019, the firm used a Watson Glaser. I hope they continue to use that and not something else because so much about these critical thinking tests (for me) is about learning...
  7. Manifesting

    2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

    I wouldn’t risk putting 2.1 in without additional context. There is a chance that your app might get filtered out by an algorithm because some jobs want you to have a minimum 3.0 or even 3.5 GPA for a role and they might read your GPA as being 2.1, which is considered less than stellar. So I...
  8. Manifesting

    2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

    Only this: “In no more than 100 words please tell us about any awards, scholarships or prizes you have been given.”
  9. Manifesting

    2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

    Links rejection too... 😞 I was tempted not to check the portal because I was convinced that would bring me bad luck, but here we are. Something I find frustrating with Links' new CAPP-based approach to recruitment and CC's new priority system is that the two firms that literally offer the...
  10. Manifesting

    2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

    Weil spring VS rejection post-VI (completed in the second week of January). I’m feeling too numb to even cry at this point. I’m very much in the “never passed a VI” camp so I’m not surprised. I think what made my performance worse was all the pressure and lack of self-compassion I was putting...
  11. Manifesting

    2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

    :( Just got a PFO from Reed Smith too. I submitted my research questions in December.
  12. Manifesting

    2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

    I also got the same Reed Smith email! I did just realise that I had used my uni email instead of the email I used for apply4law to send off my answers. (However, I used my full name in my email as well as the correct subject line, so I don't think this should have mattered.) I sent an email to...
  13. Manifesting

    2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

    Is it ok though to use someone's full name (without Mr/Ms) when addressing them in a cover letter?
  14. Manifesting

    2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

    Same here! 🙁
  15. Manifesting

    2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

    I faced the same situation with an application, where I had to distill my “why law” response to very few words. Here are two approaches that could help you: 1. Start your response from scratch. Adapting a longer response can be tougher because you might be “attached” to the stuff you...
  16. Manifesting

    General Discussion Thread 2020-21

    Issue just means "matter" or "topic" in this context, so talking about VR is totally fine!
  17. Manifesting

    Ask A Graduate Recruiter Anything!

    Hi Jessica! I was wondering if as long as I was consistent with my grammar and spelling use, I could follow grammar and spelling preferences of my choice? I am aiming to adhere to British practices for the most part but there are some things like using "learned" instead of "learnt" that I am...
  18. Manifesting

    2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

    I applied for Latham's summer scheme in a previous cycle and I remember getting my VI invite a lot later than most people on TCLA at the time!