Search results

  1. M

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    @Antoni Trochimowicz I was wondering if you could offer some guidance on this application question: “Aside from your work experience and academic studies, which other experiences have helped you develop skills relevant to a career as a commercial lawyer?” (250 words) What sort of experiences...
  2. M

    Ask Simpson Thacher Anything (26/27)

    @Paul@SimpsonThacher Hi Paul, given that the training contract is specifically focused on private equity, to what extent do you expect applicants to have prior private equity experience? Is it more important to demonstrate a genuine understanding of and interest in the sector, even where...
  3. M

    Ask Simpson Thacher Anything (26/27)

    @Paul@SimpsonThacher I am keen to apply for the Autumn Vacation Scheme, but the upcoming open days fall after its application deadline. Given the value of experiencing the firm before applying, would you recommend applying for Autumn now, or attending an open day first and applying for a later...
  4. M

    Ask Simpson Thacher Anything (26/27)

    Question for Ediz Osman / Christine MacVicar Simpson Thacher has longstanding relationships with many of its sponsor clients. In practice, how does repeatedly working with the same sponsors change the way you advise them?
  5. M

    Ask Simpson Thacher Anything (26/27)

    Hi all, Thank you for taking the time to answer of our questions. Simpson Thacher has chosen to build its new training contract specifically around private equity. From your experience here, what do you think a trainee will gain from that model that they wouldn't get from a more conventional...
  6. M

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

    Did anyone attend the STB event with TCLA, and if so, would you mind sharing some of the main insights or takeaways from the event? I have only seen now that the event took place and I am pplying to STB so the insights would be super useful
  7. M

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    Has anyone heard back from Baker McKenzie post AC for summer?
  8. M

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    I have the Baker McKenzie AC early next week. If anyone has done the AC this cycle please, please message me. I am happy to swap insights on the ACs that I have done.
  9. M

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    In a recent assessment centre, I was asked about the biggest opportunities and challenges facing the firm. I'm curious to know how others would have responded to this question as I think the response that I have was vague and broad.
  10. M

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    Hi everyone, For the Covington AC, the email from the firm states that the assessment will consist of a competency interview and a case study exercise. Does anyone know whether the case study will require a written response (like a written exercise) or if it will be discussed in an interview...
  11. M

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    Hi, if anyone has done the Covington AC in the previous years, I would be grateful if you could message me with any insight. Happy to return the favour for the firms that I have gotten through some stages/ AC this year so far.
  12. M

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    Covington AC invite!!!
  13. M

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    I’m in the process of applying to Freshfields and I’m wondering if not attaching my CV will negatively affect my application. I’ve already completed the Vantage work experience section, but I’m not entirely happy with my CV at the moment and would prefer not to submit it. Would anyone have...
  14. M

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    Has anyone heard from Latham on the Spring VS?
  15. M

    Ask Paul, Weiss Anything!

    Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. I am a graduate from a non-Russell Group university, and I was wondering if this would have any negative impact on my application?
  16. M

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

    Congrats! What type of questions did you get in the VI?